Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Rules of Beer Club

The Preamble:
We the Hop Heads of the Beer Club, in order to form a more perfect Union, promote the general B.A.C. and secure the blessings of Beer to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish these rules for the Beer Club.

The 8 Rules of Beer Club.
  1. You don't talk about Beer club.
  2. You do not talk about Beer club.
  3. When someone gets too drunk to walk, even if they are faking it, someone should help them to their car.
  4. No more than one style of beer a night.
  5. Bring the best beer of that style that you can find.
  6. Please wear shirts.
  7. We drink as long as we have to - no exceptions.
  8. If this is your first night at Beer Club, you have to bring chips.
Further more, I have decided that the organization of the club will a dictatorship to begin with. Dissent will be tolerated.

Once the Generalissimo (aka Tyler) looses his mandate from the masses the oppression will begin. This is where the violence inherent in the system rears its ugly head.

After the genocide, the UN will step in to transfer power to an autonomous collective. This collective should take the form of an Anarcho-syndicalist commune, complete with an executive officer of the week, bi-weekly meetings and democratic ratification on all decisions of that officer relating to both internal and purely external affairs.

I want you all to know that I struggled with this decision. Oh, I know you all saw it coming, and you were right. But, I want you to know that I didn't do this because it was the easy way out. I did it because rules #1 and #2 were broken yesterday - the result convinced me that these rules were probably a better fit than I would like to admit. The upside was that I have learned there is more interest in Beer Club than I anticipated.

No comments: