Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Second Meeting

Well, after the success of the first meeting it has become apparent that a second meeting should be held soon, very soon. In fact, if we ever hope to make any progress I suggest we try to meet before the pagans celebrate the winter solstice. But, I also recognize that it is a busy time of year, if we have to wait until after the first of the year so be it.

So that leaves us two decisions that need to be made right now: When and what. Where will come later, and How seems to be taken care of. Who is more of an individual topic than a collective one, and is largely intertwined with When anyway.

This is where technology is supposed to help. Ordinarily I would begin by e-mailing all of the members and asking which dates work, then checking the list of dates back and forth until I had one date where at least 2 of you could make it. Now, I can create a poll that will do part of the work for me (compiling the list of dates) and I can focus on e-mailing you idiots and reminding you to vote. Lord knows that the blog helped us select which beers to bring... I can't wait to see how it helps us choose styles and dates.

At the first meeting I was already hearing cries for democratic representation. Honestly, I didn't expect to lose my mandate so quickly. So, here you have your chance at the democratic process. Please vote for the style you wish to try next. After you have all voted I will falsify the results and pick the style that I like best anyway.

Then select all of the dates that you would like to have a meeting on. Note that they are all Sunday's, if you have a problem with that feel free to leave a comment, maybe we can pick a different day of the week. But, probably not.

Also, if we were to have enough people choose a date before Christmas and one after, we maybe able to schedule two meetings at once. Crazy, I know.


EDIT: Please pick more than one date for a meeting. If we have multiple dates to choose from it will be easier to find one date that works for the most people. You should choose one date if it is the only date you are available.

No comments: